Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by A Challenge »

tubeguru wrote:Fortunately, as I'm usually in the top 40 or 50 finishers, I'm able to leave while some people still have over one kilometre to go.
If I did this 'Parkrun' thing, then I would be the one that they want to finish so they can tidy up!
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

A Challenge wrote:
tubeguru wrote:Fortunately, as I'm usually in the top 40 or 50 finishers, I'm able to leave while some people still have over one kilometre to go.
If I did this 'Parkrun' thing, then I would be the one that they want to finish so they can tidy up!
Still waiting for you to sign up. :lol:
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

tubeguru wrote:
A Challenge wrote:
Still waiting for you to sign up. :lol:
IF, and I would like to do it but can't at the moment.

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

DrainBrain
Zone 6

Post by DrainBrain »

A Challenge wrote:
All parkruns I've been to have had a volunteer tail-runner who accompanies the slowest runner(s). parkrun actively encourages those who think they'd be slow; turning up and trying is far more important.
Royal Oak to Bethnal Green in 333 days
Heathrow Terminal 4 to Amersham in 17 hours, 42 minutes and 22 seconds
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

DrainBrain wrote:
A Challenge wrote:
All parkruns I've been to have had a volunteer tail-runner who accompanies the slowest runner(s). parkrun actively encourages those who think they'd be slow; turning up and trying is far more important.
I've been tail runner several times at our local Parkrun slowest time has been just over the hour mark.

All abilities All welcome.
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

nozzacook wrote:
DrainBrain wrote:
A Challenge wrote:
I've been tail runner several times at our local Parkrun slowest time has been just over the hour mark.

All abilities All welcome.
I would be that slow but why did they give 59:59 to tge Gunnersbury run with the stopwatch failure as that would most likely be a PB for me?

tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

A Challenge wrote:I would be that slow but why did they give 59:59 to tge Gunnersbury run with the stopwatch failure as that would most likely be a PB for me?
You're talking yourself out of it. You won,'t be that slow.

Member of sweet FA
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

3 park runs to go to get 50. So do I run my 50th on the 12th at Penrose or do I wait a week and run it in London.
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

tubeguru wrote:
A Challenge wrote:I would be that slow but why did they give 59:59 to the Gunnersbury run with the stopwatch failure as that would most likely be a PB for me?
You don't know how (un)fit I am, but Nozzacock said they had had over an hour runners! I may not be that bad though!

Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

nozzacook wrote:3 park runs to go to get 50. So do I run my 50th on the 12th at Penrose or do I wait a week and run it in London.
Shame it doesn't quite tie in with my 100th :(
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

A Challenge wrote:
tubeguru wrote:
A Challenge wrote:I would be that slow but why did they give 59:59 to the Gunnersbury run with the stopwatch failure as that would most likely be a PB for me?
You don't know how (un)fit I am, but Nozzacock said they had had over an hour runners! I may not be that bad though!
Do what I did - just turn up and run as fast as you can without stopping. Then you'll have your starting time to try to improve.

Member of sweet FA
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

tubeguru wrote:
A Challenge wrote:
tubeguru wrote:
Do what I did - just turn up and run as fast as you can without stopping. Then you'll have your starting time to try to improve.
When I can start Parkrun.

tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

A Challenge wrote:
tubeguru wrote:
A Challenge wrote:
tubeguru wrote:
When I can start Parkrun.
I had the same thing. I signed up and then had three weeks where I was either working or away.

Member of sweet FA
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

Going Underground wrote:
nozzacook wrote:3 park runs to go to get 50. So do I run my 50th on the 12th at Penrose or do I wait a week and run it in London.
How about you delay it a week by volunteering?
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

tractakid wrote:
Going Underground wrote:
How about you delay it a week by volunteering?

No can do I already have several work colleagues coming to Bushy on the 12th including one where it is there only chance to run at Bushy before they head to Australia....
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold