METRO 59 THE ONE IN PARIS

Write-ups from those with over 21 full network challenge attempts
Golf
Zone 4

METRO 59 THE ONE IN PARIS

Post by Golf »

5 time london underground record holder
1 time new york record holder
1 time berlin record holder (not ratified by guinness)
1 time paris record holder
zone 1 winner 2009,2012,2023
random 15 championship winner twice
tube olympic winner once
Golf
Zone 4

Re: METRO 59 THE ONE IN PARIS

Post by Golf »

this film will come out in late summer of 2024 and it is now confirmed 12h 50m 53s with 8 extra stations as well smashing the old record by over 30 minutes

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/se ... l=_Results&
tube olympic winner once
al
Zone 6

Post by al »

Congratulations both of you!
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.
DavidC
Zone 6

Post by DavidC »

Congratulations!
First to 100000 in the 2015+ Tumbleweed contest. Winner of a few rounds of a diverse range of quizzes/games. Some decent times in alternative challenges as a fiftysomething who merely walks briskly. Briefly led All The Actons.
Golf
Zone 4

Post by Golf »

THANK you to all those whom thought i retired watch out i may come for other records!
tube olympic winner once
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Well done chaps :D
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Golf
Zone 4

Post by Golf »

i thought i do a write up for those people whom were interested how we did it! FIRSTLY the film was the 1st attempt in a vain hope that we could get daz a world record this as ur see in the film wasnt up to it so me and steveo went out next day this is how it went!

starting off at end of line 8 POINTE DU LAC we rode the whole line to BALLARD running out of the station and down a few rather construction related roads we eventually made our connection at the end of line 13 mairie d,izzy (line 8 can now have all the failures it wants) we then took that whole lineout all the way to MAIRIE DES AUBERVILLES, and doubled back to porte de la chappelle where i cant remember if we took the tram or ran memory fails me.

after transfering to line 4 and 2 lines gone already we then took the whole of line 4 out from porte de cliquecort to bagnac this was slightly delayed here at the start hampering our departure but we stuck to our route all day not wavering from it.

arriving in BAGNAC we had a quick one stop db and run down what i call cemetary road to end of line 13 CHATILON MONTROUGE nearly getting back on schedule but not quite missed our scheduled one by seconds but the next one was 2 mins after and plenty of time to make up. this time we didnt take the whole branch out we left the 2 branches above the SAINT LAZARE out as the change at MIROMESNIL was what we needed a quick dart down a corridor 1 stop and db of saint augustin we were heading westbound towards michael d auteil where we ran a very pretty 500m to the eglise where it only goes westbound then heading on our new line 10 to bologne pont de saint cloud this run reminded me NORTH HARROW TO RAYNERS LANE striaght with one bus that wasnt used in the filming day before interesting things happened on this run but i spoil the film lol.

arriving at end of line 9 pont de sevres we then changed for line 10 eastbound at michael de molitor to take out that line to jussieu. changing again to line 7 is the hardest bit i found linking the 2 ends of line 7 up not knowing which branch would come first i had planned for both options researching it was not easy as i could count 7 different options of doing this next bit!. surfice to say the ends bits of line 7 were tied up but they aint close to each other and that was the knackering part of the run!

then we took out the newest line 14 olympiades to BERCY then changing to the complete circle line nearly line 6 and 2 changing at NATION to take out then of line 1 with a big db to chateau de vincennes. then moving and taking out line 2 to porte dauphine. db back to charle de gaulle and rer out to end of line 1 to la defense and then line 1 back to GEORGE V. MUCH OF LINE 1 NOW GONE.

a lovely short run to kleber taking in the arc de triomphe and then taking line 6 to quai de la gare a short db for 2 stops and run to campo formio and line 5. going north now to bis jaures and line 7 bis taking it out in 1 lot to DANUBE and lovely downhill run back to line 5 and lumiere.

taking out line 5 to BOBIGNY PACASSO and a tram over to other end of line 7 la cournevae mai 8 doing some nifty short runs in the centre taking out a few stations in the centre and then doing clever work to head out east wards again one massive run later to connect end of lines we heading westbound and towards end of line 3 this research we find numerous ways to do this but decided on one particular way to do it. took out the line 13 end of way back into the centre and then out to our finishing point at end of line 13 at st denis universite a full 33 mins inside the old record with the extra 7 stations that were added in the meantime this record wont last long as new stations are being added all the time.
tube olympic winner once