Fantasy Premier League 09/10

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
dudey
Zone 5

Fantasy Premier League 09/10

Post by dudey »

Strap on those shin pads, tie-up your boots, because the football season is once again upon us and that means the second season of the highly competitive Tube Challenge Fantasy Premier League.

The league is competed on the official English Premier League site
http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Newbies to the game are advised to have a good look at the 'Rules' section of that site via the link on the left of all the pages. For those of you that played last year, the rules are almost all the same. Also, if you return to the site using the same username and password as last year (you can still change your strip and team name), you will automatically be re-entered into the Tube Challenge private league.

The main points-based league can be entered by simply going to the 'Leagues' section of the site and entering the following code into the 'Join a Private League' box:
101370-29031

This year will also see the inaugural Tube Challengers Cup, in which the entered teams are pitted head-to-head against each other week-by-week, with the winner of each match earning 3 points for the Tube Challenge Cup table. This will culminate in the penultimate week of the season in May, when the top 4 placed teams in the table will qualify for the Cup-Playoff. There will be two semis in that penultimate week and then in the final week the colour of the ribbons will be decided with what will certainly be an exciting Cup Final.

Everyone needs to manually enter their team into this Cup-league, so please go to your 'Leagues' page and enter this code:
101370-29049

Obviously right now might be a bit soon to decide on your starting squad of 15, but you can make unlimited changes to your squad until the Gameweek 1 deadline, which is also the deadline at which entries to the Cup competition will be closed. So make sure you have everything in place by 11.30am on Saturday 15th August

Finally, don't forget to have fun! ;)

FFART
(Fantasy Football Administrative Regulating Team-Leader)
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Re: Fantasy Premier League 09/10

Post by Going Underground »

Great stuff, will have a look at this next week in the office when I should be working :P
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

All entered and ready for the season to start. This time I haven't given you a month head start so be very afraid.
One day I shall return!
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

I am trying to win the most garish kit competition.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
dudey
Zone 5

Post by dudey »

So with the proper leagues starting tomorrow, you have one week left to enter this before you will be left behind.

I'd better get to picking my team really, shouldn't I?
jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

I can't see this working out, really...
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

jamesthegill wrote:I can't see this working out, really...

James you had a stormer today but with that squad it surely can't last :?:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

I seem to have done quite well first week, seeing as it took me about 30 seconds to pick my team. :-)
One day I shall return!
al
Zone 6

Post by al »

I managed to forget all about this until after the deadline, so ended up with the team I picked weeks ago, including a player who is no longer in the Premier League! :(

It's going to take a bit of work to get this team up to the top...
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.
dudey
Zone 5

Post by dudey »

al wrote:I managed to forget all about this until after the deadline, so ended up with the team I picked weeks ago, including a player who is no longer in the Premier League! :(

It's going to take a bit of work to get this team up to the top...
haha there must be some kind of curse on the top 2, al! I did exactly the same thing, despite posting the day before the deadline reminding other people, i neglected to get my own team ready! hence my not-even-worth-it start...
dudey
Zone 5

Post by dudey »

Ok so I'm gonna give up now, if i can't find the time to do my team while on summer break, then i've got no hope. sorry gang, i will hand on the administrative baton for the two leagues to Kevchenko/GU, so if you still want to join the league i believe you'll need to contact him as the codes posted above may change....
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Nice defeatest attitude from Mr Nunn there..... :(

Nobody likes a quitter :wink:
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Matt we are still in August :shock: :!:
dudey
Zone 5

Post by dudey »

It's not the fact that I've been doing badly. I've not, because I havn't actually selected a team, I got the system to automatically fill my squad when I created the league in July, and since then half of them don't even play in the Premiership anymore. Despite this, I can't actually change the whole squad now because of transfer restrictions. I was basically on zero anyway, so when i can't now find the time to even start, i'm not going to be able to maintain things.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Yeah sorry after I posted earlier I checked to see how you were doing and couldn't find a team....