Accessibility challenge

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Accessibility challenge

Post by tractakid »

Accessibility challenge- visit all stations with step free access on the network, without using any stairs on the journey. Has this ever been suggested before?

Less stations to visit, but still a lot of track to cover and far fewer interchange possibilities. I'd consider having a go if it was deemed a sensible idea, but not until I have at least got a full network completion. All other normal rules would apply.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
MylesHSG
Zone 5

Re: Accessibility challenge

Post by MylesHSG »

No stairs to climb! :mrgreen:
The King is back! Long live The King!
RichieG
Zone 6
Location: Still getting lost between Aldgate and Aldgate East

Post by RichieG »

I don't think it has been suggested before.

But, as with a number of the alternative challenges, you have to ask yourself whether it's worth doing that or a full challenge itself.

For accessibility, you'd still have to visit the majority of terminuses of the lines, or very close to them. And, if I've got what you've said correctly, you'd restrict yourself to only using 'accessible' stations, so - for instance - Harrow & Wealdstone is accessible, the stop before that on the Bakerloo is Willesden Junction, and as you would also need to cover Chesham, normally you'd use the Kenton/Northwick Park run which you wouldn't be able to do. Bearing in mind you would also need to get Kenny O in as well, I doubt it's a viable challenge.
Attempts: 2 (17h38m, 238 stations) (unknown, 200 stations); Completions: 0; GWR: 0; PBs: 0.
#####################################
The Richie G website: occasionally frequently updated.
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

You can visit every station on the network without using stairs. Admittedly you can't exit at many of them, but theoretically you could pass through the whole network.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver