38%
19th
63%

Total votes: 8

A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Re: Christmas Park Challenge 2015 - 19th December Tufnell Park

Post by A Challenge »

The Raven wrote:Yeah, that's fine. I thought that might be the case. I'll still be at the Parkrun on Saturday. Just need enough time to get back home on Saturday evening.
I could do a Park Challenge in June and it count under these rules, wouldn't it?
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000
The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

Aah...err... I guess so? Its full name is the Christmas Park Challenge though.
All London buses: 23 hours 25 minutes (with Adham, David, Josh and Tangy)
Holds some alternative challenge records. Not sure which ones.
20½ Random 15 challenges: 01:58:48 best
That guy who runs those Twitter polls about tube stations and London Boroughs.
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

The Orange One wrote:Aah...err... I guess so? Its full name is the Christmas Park Challenge though.
I'm being pedantic!
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000
The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

I have just had a look at a route for this, and it looks like I'm joining the Northern Line. I'd imagine some of you are as well.

From my limited knowledge of the immediate environment of Tufnell Park, it looks like we're going to be outside the station with our eyes peeled down Junction Road looking for buses, then charging across the road towards the bus stop the moment the bus comes into sight. This first bus is going to be slightly worrying to plan for...
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

Think I'm going to have to give this a miss too. My ankle is improving gradually, and with strapping on it is probably up to R15 fitness now, but the extra stairs involved in going in and out of the stations for the external views, plus the Rayner's Lane hill are probably too much for it still.
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

I will attend ths but will probably have to send on my time when finished as will likely have to charge off back to bournemouth to do my saturday job!
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

How did everyone get on?
The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

It's on Saturday!!
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

Good job I didn't turn up last week then!
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

I've just realised no time for a spoons breakfast. Oh well mc d's when I get to London then.
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

Sorry guys, my ankle's still not up to it :-( Have a good time, though!
crypto
Zone 2

Post by crypto »

My first Park Challenge went pretty well. I'm on a train back to Banbury at the moment, so here's my report.

Highlights:

Thinking I'd pulled a genius move doing the Belsize Park to Finchley Road run (see 1st and 2nd lowlight)
A Well timed run to Park Royal got us on the 6tph Piccadilly Line in a minute
As a newb, forming an alliance with Steve at Earls Court was very helpful (bailing on the rest of you)
A perfect cross-platform Vic-Bak change at Oxford Circus
A perfect Vic-overground change at Blackhorse Road

Lowlights:

Watching a metro line and jubilee line train simultaneously pull away from the stairs of Finchley Road
Subsequently seeing the rest of the 10.36 starters at Wembley Park and realising I'd not actually gained anything
Hyde Park Corner: First realising we were being sent out of an awkward exit, then seeing the road we wanted to cross covered in barriers, finally realising my fatigue had caught up with me and wanting to collapse on what was a short(ish) run.

Finished 4th/7 in the end. Unless plans arise, I'll be back for the R15 in January.
palkanetoijala31

Well i was one who didnt start on the first bus of the day but i did at 10:55 i had to wait ages for that bus but timed it just right. Getting off at FINSBURY PARK i went to Blackhorse Road and then an extra PARK WANSTEAD PARK and ran all the way to UPTON PARK switching to district and ELM PARK ran about a mile up the road before a helpful bus 252 took me into romford. Taking the tfl rail to 7 kings and running all way into NEWBURY PARK onto a waiting train.

So i took all the way to oxford circus and quick in and out of REGENTS PARK switching the branches again at oxford circus i did the smart thing and went out at GREEN PARK then back down to piccadilly an out at HYDE PARK CORNER and ran stopping off for a pic of buckingham palace before heading for ST JAMES PARK. Realising that no wimbledon trains on the board i ducked out at victoria to head to vauxhall where i hoped to pick up a nice train to wimbo that i did and even realised i try out a run always wanted to earlsfield to WIMBLEDON PARK.

Coming back into earls court a slight delay here as was city train i didnt want should have tried the ken o train and ran to HOLLAND PARK but not this time decided on switch at nhg instead. Coming back into HOLLAND PARK the train was west ruislip so got on the back for hanger lane and ran into PARK ROYAL a horrible seven minute wait here.

Switched the branches managed to run between CHISWICK PARK and turnham green in order to pick up the extra train decided against my two runs from RAVENSCOURT PARK and instead saved energy for the last run proper i had from WESTBOURNE PARK to KILBURN PARK managed to pick up a bus for the last bit 2 stops.

So did all three lazy park in and out was quite good waits for all three QUEEN PARK and STONEBRIDGE PARK and then had a horrible wait at NORTHWICK PARK waiting to go out to MOOR PARK but a great change here in and out 1 minute.

Going out at WEMBLEY PARK and up to Canons Park decided against running for some supplies and wait for bus 79 i should have walked really as traffic was bad.

A quick in and out of BELSIZE PARK and change at camden town lead me up to WOODSIDE PARK and a time of 8h 3m 7s not bad seeing as the starting sequence station was not the best to do i reckon.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

More like the "Mild Spring time Park Challenge" this year :shock:

Here are the results of the 9 challengers in 7 teams

7th at Elm Park - A2 (Andrew) - 8hrs 53mins 52secs
6th at Woodside Park - palkanetoijala31 (Andi) 8hrs 3mins 7secs
5th at Newbury Park - tracktakid (Andrew) + nozzacook (Damo) + GU (me!) - 8hrs 0mins 42ecs
4th at Elm Park - crypto (James) - 7hrs 47mins 55secs
3rd at Elm Park - greatkingrat (Peter) - 7hrs 44mins 31secs
2nd at Elm Park - The Orange One(Hugo) - 7hrs 32mins 13secs
1st at Elm Park Steeevooo - 7hrs 25mins 40secs

Pretty close between the top 4 places with Elm clearly the place to finish and apologies to my team mates for bad route planning decisions, slow running speed and poor door positions :cry:
Also to missing James result in the pub :oops:

We had a nice gathering and a few games of darts in the Angel in the Fields with Nozza bossing that double 1 :P

Thanks for all this in attendance and dreading next years already, I still maintain this is far worse than a full network :roll:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
palkanetoijala31

I did think about the elm park finish but thought no i like to do these massive runs between the two so decided against it.